Thursday, February 19, 2009

Round One - Not down for the count

I tried a few of the nutrition quizzes suggested in the H&W blog, and discovered I need to avoid fast food joints all together - I made every possible wrong choice between selections meant to sound healthy and actual healthy choices. I'm better off packing some homemade hummus and carrots than hitting Taco Bell during lunchtime.

I also am trying to eat a little something for breakfast. I usually go without, but since I'm boiling water for coffee or tea, I'm now putting together a small bowl of organic, old-fashioned oats with a little honey and cinnamon. Another option that I've tried is this Swiss Oats and Fruit recipe my coworker Mary found and shared. Instead of all milk, I add half milk, half plain lowfat yogurt.

No comments: